WaterSave™ is a potassium based polymers that are remarkable, nontoxic, environmentally safe water management systems with excellent ability to absorb and store water. Ninety five percent of the stored water is available to release gradually to plant roots as needed. WaterSave™ polymers are available in crystal form (41 C).
Materials safety data Sheets
- Increases water holding capacity and reduces irrigation frequency. WaterSave™ has the greatest capacity to absorb water under soil pressure. One ounce of WaterSave™ crystals can absorb about one gallon of water.
- Easy to use. Just mix with soil. No special tools required. Upon watering, the polymers absorb water and become a gel.
- Promotes healthy plant growth. Keep the root zone moist not water logged. Provides optimum conditions for plant root development and prevent root rot.
- Increases soil aeration. Expanding and contracting gel opens passages in the soil and allows free flow of air and nutrients
- WaterSave™ is a potassium-based rather than sodium-based polymer. Potassium is a nutrient required in plant development.
- WaterSave™ has a life span up to five years.
- WaterSave™ aids in the control of water run-off, prevents leaching of valuable water and nutrients from soil and reduces the fertilizer requirements.
- WaterSave™ is environmentally safe and does not contaminate plants, soils or ground water. It is essentially neutral in pH and can work over a wide range of pH.
- Commercial horticulture
- Re vegetation and reclamation
- Sod & turf
- Golf courses
- Sports turf
- Hydro mulching
- Plant transportation
- Soil bioengineering
Recommended application rates
|One application last up to 5 years|
|Containerized pots||0.33 oz. / 1 gallon
1 oz. / 5 gallon
4 oz. / 20 gallon
|Add water to crystals and make a gel before adding into containers.|
|Flower beds||1 lbs. / 100 sq. ft.||Mix half through the planting hole and mix the balance with backfill medium.|
|Bulk soil||4 tsp./cubic foot
2 lbs./cubic yard
|Mix thoroughly into soil|
|Grassing||1 lbs./ 100 sq. ft.
200 lbs. / acre
|Evenly broadcast dry with a spreader or drop seeder and work into the soil approximately 6 in deep.|
|Hydro mulching||10-12 lbs./acre||Pour slowly into the tank before adding fertilizer.|
|Re-vegetation applications||8 lbs./ 1000 sq. ft. area
2 lbs. / 100 L. ft.
|Evenly broadcast dry and work into
|Soil bioengineering||1 lbs. / cubic yard||Evenly broadcast dry before backfilling.|
|Chemical Basis||Cross linked potassium polyacrylate /polyacrylamide copolymer|
|Physical Form||White granules|
|Bulk Density||540 +/-40 kg/cubic meter|
|pH value||5.5 – 6.0|
|Moisture Content||5% (+/- 2%)|
|Storage||> 1 year under dry storage conditions|